Dr. Claire Sweeney
Claire was born and raised in Northern New York. She received her Bachelors of Science and Doctorate of Physical Therapy at Clarkson University. Early on in her education she became interested in working in an outpatient orthopedic setting.
After sustaining multiple running injuries in high school, she discovered a new career she could really see herself being a part of. She appreciates how her injury and recovery exposed her to an amazing career and helped her to find a profession that allows her to make positive changes in her patient’s lives.
Claire believes it is important to have great rapport with her patients so they feel comfortable approaching her with any concerns. She is a compassionate therapist who listens and attends to her patient’s personal goals by developing personalized treatment programs. Watching her patients return to normal function and improve their quality of life is incredibly rewarding which is why she is continuously striving to learn and grow professionally.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (Clarkson University)
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Clarkson University)
- APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor for physical therapy students
- Certified in Vestibular Rehabilitation and Concussion (American Institute of Balance)
- Board eligible in Nerve Conduction and Electromyography studies (Hands-On Diagnostics)
INTERESTS & HOBBIES
In her free time, Claire enjoys kayaking, hiking, snowshoeing, and doing yoga. She also enjoys spending time with family and friends.