Functional Capacity Evaluation
A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is a series of tests used to evaluate your work-related physical abilities and is used to determine whether or not an individual is well enough to return to work. A Functional Capacity Evaluation is designed to be safe and to provide impartial information about an injury or illness.
Uses of a Functional Capacity Evaluation:
- Measures physical ability
- Determines treatment program
- Reviews efficiency of rehabilitation
- Evaluates working capability
- Attempts to predict return date
Beneficiaries of an FCE:
- Employees injured at work
- Social Security Disability applicants
- Students transitioning into employment
- and more
Our highly trained physical therapists have years of training in evaluating an individual’s ability to perform activities, highly skilled at analyzing work tasks, and are able to measure the wide range of environmental factors that can affect work performance.